2-5 participants • 1 day • 6.5 hours • Beginner and intermediate level • 140€/person
In this classes, I’ll teach you all the steps to make a set of cups with black stoneware clay using a variety of technics from wheel to handbuilding. During this intensive workshop, you will make a set of 2 to 6 wheelthrown cups.
You’ll learn the different techniques of wheel throwing and handbuilding with black clay. I’ll guide you through the different steps to make handmade pottery pieces and it will be glazed for you after the class to make it foodsafe and waterproof. You can also book an additional glazing session here if you wish to glaze your piece in a specific color/texture. (Ps: Note that the glazing class should happen minimum one month after the black cups workshop so the pieces you have made have the time to dry and be fired once in order to be glazed) You will receive an email when your cups will be ready to pick up at the studio within one month after the workshop.)
Little reminder : Wear preferably comfortable clothes and which can be dirty. It is also easier to work with clay with short nails and no rings / bracelets / attached hair.
Programm of the workshop:
- 10h-13h : Introduction to wheel throwing, wedging, centering and throwing of 2 to 6 cups
13h-14h : Lunch break
- 14h-17h30 : Trimming of the cups and handbuilding (handles, textures, finitions)
- When : Saturday 20th January – 10h-13h / 14h-17h30
- Where does it take place? At Violaine Toth Ceramic, Treptowerstr. 12, 12059 Berlin
- Please note that due to limited space in our studio we can’t store your pieces for a long period of time. Therefore your ready ceramics have to be picked up within two months after you received the notification from us telling you they are fired, otherwise it will be thrown away. Thank you for your understanding 🙂
Only reservations cancelled 7 or more full calendar days prior to the start of the course will receive a full refund or be postponed free of charge. 50€ fees per participant will be charged for postponing a classes with shorter notice.