2-4 participants • 2 days • 12 hours • Beginner and intermediate level
In this classes, I’ll teach you all the steps to make a teaset with black stoneware clay using a variety of technics from wheel to handbuilding. During this two days workshop, you will make a set of 2 to 6 wheelthrown cups and an handbuilt teapot.
You’ll learn the different techniques of wheel throwing and handbuilding with black clay. I’ll guide you through the different steps to make a handmade pottery and it will be glazed transparent for you after the class to make it foodsafe and waterproof. You can also book an additional glazing session here if you wish to glaze your piece in a specific color/texture. (Ps: Note that the glazing class should happen at least 3 weeks after the black teaset workshop) You will receive an email when your teaset will be ready to pick up at the studio within one month after the workshop.)
Programm of the workshop:
- Day 1 / 10h-13h : Introduction to wheel throwing, wedging, centering and throwing of 2 to 6 cups
14h-17h : Handbuilding of the base of the teapot and the lid
- Day 2 / 10h-13h : Trimming of the cups
14h-17h : Assembling of the bec and handle of the teapot as well as the cups if needed
- When : Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th of November (10h-13h and 14h-17h both days)
- Where does it take place? At Violaine Toth Ceramic, Treptowerstr. 12, 12059 Berlin
Only reservations cancelled 7 or more full calendar days prior to the start of the course will receive a full refund.
- Please note that due to limited space in our studio we can’t store your pieces for a long period of time. Therefore your ceramics have to be picked up, or, if a glazing class was booked, has to take place within two months after the creation of your ceramics.
Restrictions due to COVID-19 :