1-7 participants • 1 day • 2.5 hours • Beginner Level
In this classes, I’ll teach you all the steps to make a handbuilt ceramic piece with black clay which you will take home with you after it’s fired (within one month after the class). You will be able to make the shape and object you like (sizes will be limited to the space available in the kiln), and if you don’t feel inspired, I have planty of ideas for you!
You’ll learn the different techniques of handbuilding from slab, coil and pinchpot with black clay.
I’ll guide you through the different steps to make a handmade pottery and it will be glazed transparent for you after the class to make it foodsafe and waterproof. You can also book a glazing session here if you wish to glaze your piece in a specific color/texture.
Programm of the workshop:
- ~ 30mn Thinking and elaboration of a design (fonction, shape, texture, elements of decoration),
- ~ 2hours Making of the clay piece (base, handles, foot, additional elements, textures, signature)
- When : New date to come up
- Where does it take place? At Violaine Toth Ceramic, Treptowerstr. 12, 12059 Berlin
Only reservations cancelled 7 or more full calendar days prior to the start of the course will receive a full refund.
- Please note that due to limited space in our studio we can’t store your pieces for a long period of time. Therefore your ceramics have to be picked up, or, if a glazing class was booked, has to take place within two months after the creation of your ceramic, otherwise it will be thrown away.
Restrictions due to COVID-19 :